Re: Problems hearing speakers during tonight's jitsi meeting

Brenda J. Butler wrote:

I usually have to mess around with the settings, and plugin and unplug
a headset, to get it to work.  Before tonight that dance usually
worked - camera, mic and speakers.  Tonight - nope.

Interesting coincidence.

My friend who was also on the call, phoned me and put his phone on
speakerphone so I could listen that way.  Thanks Wil!  So ingenious.

True dedication by both of you!

I suppose I could have spoken into the phone and you could have heard
me but I was afraid of the potential for feedback.  The text chat
worked ok for that.

I personally saw your comments easily throughout the meeting.

Someone suggested another computer - that was my best computer for
video chatting.  My other computer doesn't have a camera at all, nor
mic.  I have separate camera and mic - haven't used them in a while,
not entirely sure where they are just now.

When I could not get sound on the Mac I tried my iphone and could not log in at all for some reason. So I missed hearing the whole AGM.

The annoying thing was that I logged in well before 19h to be ready in time..

Clearly I am absolutely going to have to get a camera and mic working on my Linux computers, which I spend 99% of my time on, except for video conferencing.

Thanks to the powers that be (the board) for the AGM and the talks.

Yes indeed! Thanks to the board for another year of organizing and fussbudgetry and to John for another presentation that clearly stimulated discussion.

Brett