Re: anyone using a privacy-protecting cell phone

  • Subject: Re: anyone using a privacy-protecting cell phone
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 00:48:53 -0500
When I had a real android smartphone, I put LineageOS (previously CyanogenMod)
on it.  So it was less offensive than plain android.  But unless you were
willing to muck about with apk packaging, you had to use the Google Play
store.

It was a bit of a pain to find and install apk packages.

Not all phones can run it.  I researched and bought phones that could
run it.

I also put ClockWorkMod as the recovery image.  It worked well.

bjb