Re: anywhere in town to get solar chargers with USB ports

Canadian tire usually has all the stuff you can get away with...

"small devices" I charge through the cigarette lighter in the car.

I've only ever needed a full blown development laptop. My off-grid development environment is now Pi4 + solar panels + 12V Deep cycle battery + 12V to USB converter (+ USB Y cable).

In the past I used the following setup to run a laptop off grid. I needed the battery as either the solar charger, or the 12V to AC/USB converter wouldn't engage with just the solar panel connected.

panel + charger to charge a 12V battery (Coleman 40W comes with all the bits)
a 12V to AC/USB converter
a 12V battery

Tug