Re: how to limit HID qr scanners

On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, Peter Sjöberg wrote:

I have a security issue, we have some QR scanners that can scan lots of
different 2D/3D codes. They connect on usb and show up as any ordinary
HID device. This means it's basically a keyboard connected

I don't know your the system configuration but you can have one more than HID device; they could be opened by different programs.

I have a foot pedal I wanted to use for transcription which sends simple "1 2 3" text. I explored hooking it up to mplayer through a filter/translater so I could start/stop/rewind audio.

Brett