how to limit HID qr scanners

I have a security issue, we have some QR scanners that can scan lots of
different 2D/3D codes. They connect on usb and show up as any ordinary
HID device. This means it's basically a keyboard connected and since the
scanners handle lots of codes things like ctrl-alt-f2 or so can be
scanned. This units are in public places so it's just no way we can
allow that and my task is to figure out how to prevent it.

How can I prevent some generic qr scanners from sending anything else
than [A-Za-z0-9] while still allowing a normal keyboard to be connected
by some tech servicing the machine?

Techwiz, Peter Sjoberg GPG key (42DDDDDD) on keyserver & homepage
Key fingerprint =  EB81 3135 1636 576A DA83  826B 2455 0E88 42DD DDDD
Homepage: http://www.techwiz.ca/~peters
Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/henahadu/
Enigma: http://meinEnigma.com