Re: what are people using as opposed to zoom for videoconferencing?

  • Subject: Re: what are people using as opposed to zoom for videoconferencing?
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 10:47:51 -0400
On 2020-04-02 09:36, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> I use Jitsi.  Seems to work well enough.
>
> You can use it for free at https://meet.jit.si/
>
> However, for my friends and family, I installed my own self-hosted instance.
> Download from https://jitsi.org

Ok, excellent, there are locals who are standing up their own server.
This is exactly the sort of solution I was looking for.  I'm not sure
how federation works, but this is the sort of unwalled garden I have
been wanting to use and actively promote.

I'm going to try setting up my own server.

> Regards,
>
> Dianne.

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\             <hpv.tricolour.ca>
<www.TriColour.ca>                 --  \___   o \@      @        Ride yer bike!