Re: Musing about higher range wifi

John
Did you look into wifi mesh access points? You would have wifi pucks separated by a few tens of feet, wherever there is mains power available. One of these also needs to be the base WAN connection, whether by cable or adsl.

I say puck because google sells an easily managed system with the units shaped like pucks. There are other manufacturers with more complex systems and fully configurable. You should know that you are taking on a complex project. Ian! mentioned a legal issue, there are probably a few more legal issues.
Cheers
Rick