Re: Free DDNS provider?

On 2020-01-07 6:08 p.m., Rick Leir wrote:
Barry
Another possibility, perhaps not something that you would consider. With a cable internet service it seems that your IP rarely changes. So you update your DNS manually, and you set up decent monitoring so that you will know quickly when the IP changes. And it is free! But clearly if you had paying customers you would reconsider, and shell out for a static IP.
Cheers -- Rick

You don't need a static IP, just a DNS provider that provides an API you can use to automatically update your DNS records. If your router can't do it, there are scripts/programs that do this for you for all manner of DNS providers, like ddclient[1]. Just set that up on a cheap Raspberry Pi and you're all set.

[1] https://github.com/ddclient/ddclient