Re: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes

I had understood that next week's discussion would be more aimed at top down pragmatic use of git in the real world - hopefully based on the "tools should make life easier, not inflict pain" principal.

We had a bottom up talk a while back. I think Ian gave it?

Tug

On 2019-10-29 11:49, J C Nash wrote:
I have more of my own stuff on Gitlab. However, I'm interested in learning a bit
more about using git effectively in collaboration with others no matter which platform
(or their own site) they are using. The git paradigm is not trivial. For those of us
who use it sporadically there is some "relearning" each time. Recently I found I failed
to get a pull request to work properly. Still not sure why. I suspect there's other
members who are not power users of git who can benefit from some helpful cheat notes
and diagrams, as well as an overview of the web interface.

JN