Re: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes

  • Subject: Re: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 10:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 29 Oct 2019, J C Nash wrote:

> A discussion of using git (in particular on github) is one of the
> items for next week's meeting. I suggested it after realizing that I
> didn't manage a change properly with an R package I'm developing
> with a colleague I've never met but have been sharing development
> with for the last couple of years.
>
> Your input would be most welcome.

  well, if there's an open speaking slot, i can present what i was
thinking of as a 35-40 minute "brown bag" lunchtime seminar. it's a
little bit techie -- it explains the structure of Git's object store
and how Git actually stores history using a combination of blobs,
trees, commits and tags.

  if people are interested, i can give that one.

rday