Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes

  • Subject: Thinking of giving away some Git courses/seminars to promote my classes
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 08:40:55 -0400 (EDT)
  I hope I'm not straying too far from the mandate for this list, but
I'm going to take a chance as it's the opportunity for some folks in
town to get some free seminars or some of my Git training at no
charge.

  As a way to promote my Git classes (and other training courses), I
thought one way to get some attention would be to just offer some
presentations at absolutely no charge, and I'm considering the
following two possibilities.

  First, I'm willing to give free lunchtime presentations to
corporations that can put together enough people who are interested. I
can easily talk on intro Git for 40-50 minutes just to give attendees
at least a basic understanding of Git. Obviously, the end goal would
be to then eventually sell the full courses, but the short
presentation would be no charge, and no real limit on how many people
could attend (short of violating a fire code of some kind, of course.
:-) So, there's that.

  I'm also considering a slightly more ambitious promotion, wherein I
would offer my full 1-day Introductory Git class at absolutely no
charge, but it would be limited to just one person per distinct
company. The idea here would be, naturally, that a company could pick
one engineer to get the instruction, then go back and recommend the
course to the team.

  I'm intersted in list members' feedback on either of these ideas.
The lunchtime seminar thing is basically available right now, the free
full-day course would make more sense, say, early January since it
would take some organizing.

  Thoughts? If you and your company are interested, by all means, drop
me a note. If you know someone at another company who might be
interested, let them know.

Rob Day

P.S. I'm currently designing some Docker/container courses, and am
thinking of doing the same with those.

P.P.S. I'm currently on contract out in Kanata, so interest out here
would be ideal.

                         http://crashcourse.ca