Is there an OCLUG-related place where I can advertise local training?

  • Subject: Is there an OCLUG-related place where I can advertise local training?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 14:58:34 -0400 (EDT)
  In the very near future, I want to start offering some of my regular
Linux and Linux-related courses locally, either single-client, on-site
courses, or general public courses, most likely at a shared co-working
space called CoWorkly (https://www.coworkly.ca/) on Montreal Rd.

  I don't want to use this list to spam members with constant
marketing about what is coming up, but if there was somewhere that one
could list Linux-related technical training (for anyone offering such
classes, not just me), that would be great.

  Lately, I've been doing a lot of Git training (both intro and
advanced), and I'm currently putting together some courseware on
container technology (podman, Buildah, skopeo, all that Docker-related
stuff) and should have an intro course in about a month. And, of
course, there's a pile of other basic Linux courses I can teach if the
demand is there.

  I like to think that the value of this to the local Linux community
is that there would be a local source of *affordable* training, where
local employers wouldn't have to send their folks out of town and pay
outrageous registration, so that's part of my sales pitch, as it were.

  In any event, I'm open to suggestions as to how to promote this idea
to people who'd be interested, without turning it into constant
marketing. Thoughts?

rday