PROXIES and other AGM matters

Further to Scott's meeting announcement for April 4 at

Centennial Library (Bells Corners), starting at 18:30

I'd like to underline the importance of sending a PROXY,
even if you plan on attending. Just let us know to ignore
the proxy if you show up. There are always life events that
mean you fail to show.

We've always made quorum, but it has been close sometimes.
The consequences of quorum failure are costly. In the case of
the Amberwood Village Recreation Association last year, quorum
failed by 1. And despite its name, AVRA owns the land of the golf
course. So there's some significant underlying asset. And we need
to adjust the bylaws after about 35 years to recognize electronic
communications, but now must wait until the next general meeting.

There's a form below. You can send to Scott or to me or nominate
someone else who'll be there.

I'll try to ensure some record of the meeting is posted. Sorry if
we didn't do a great job last year.

JN

----cut——

OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP Proxy Appointment
The undersigned member of the OTTAWA CANADA LINUX USERS GROUP hereby
failing in person appointed above, _________________________ of
_________________________ as the proxy of the undersigned to attend and
act at the OCLUG meeting to be held on the day of _________________________,
and at any adjournment thereof in the same manner, to the same extent and
with the same power as if the undersigned were present.

Dated this day of _________________________.

Legal name of Member: _________________________.

Email address of Member: _________________________.

---cut---