Re: wireless router recommendations?

On 2019-03-03 4:39 p.m., James Lockie wrote:
> How far away?
No need for QoS
Distance - 2h west so not going there to often

Setup: 8 cottages maybe 100m between each cottage.
Inside each cottage is a wireless router in a central point and each
cottage is at most 20x20m so no need for multiple routers in a single
cottage.
The WAN side is connected (over fiber so no ground current issues) to a
switch port and there it uses a statically configured 172.16.a.b IP.
The other side is like your normal home intra lan, 192.168.x.y.
Usage is by people who doesn't know that a usb charger that came with
their 512G apple XS Max can also be used to charge their kidz 64G apple
XS phone (or that playing online games on the apple ipad requires
internet connection). They want to come and everything just works and
short of that at most enter some wifi password.

I did a presentation about the network setup in February last year (did
send the slides then also but they are not on the website).

/ps