Re: new mailing list issue

On May 12, 2018, at 7:45 AM, Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> On 2018-05-11 23:55, Scott Murphy wrote:
>> That would be the down side of subscribing everybody silently.
>>
>> You should be able to manage everything by visiting https://lists.linux-ottawa.org
>>
>> There will be instructions there for the two existing lists. The mailing
>> address remains linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org and as it is not mailman, there are a
>> few things that are different (well, all of them). I can add a footer, I had
>> one on the test lists when I was configuring it and completely forgot to add
>> one here. Assuming I got it correct, there will be a footer in this response
>> with the above link in it.
>
> There doesn't appear to be any footer.  Adding a footer, header, or subject
> prefix breaks mailing lists in this new SPF/DKIM/DMARC world…

There is a prefix setting, which I added last night, as well as a supposed footer which did not show up in the message from last night. I have looked at the file and it is effectively the same as the one for my test list which attached it properly. Still playing, but at least the prefix is working.

>>> On May 11, 2018, at 11:04 PM, Peter Sj??berg <peters-oclug [ at ] techwiz [ dot ] ca> wrote:
>>> I see the new linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org list is now in use but it seems to
>>> be missing list-id and with that some thunderbird (and I guess some
>>> other mailers) functions like "reply to list" isn't working (and my
>>> filter is harder to write).
>>> I know it's a new mailer and just wonder if List-* obsolete or replaced
>>> with something else (didn't see anything in the header) or maybe a
>>> switch or something missed to turn it on.
>>>
>>> As ref, the other list have in the header a thing like
>>> but linux [ at ] linux-ottawa [ dot ] org doesn't have any List-* at all in the header.

I can also add a custom header for filtering purposes, but I’m not sure what I should set it to at this point. Maybe:

I’ll configure that and we can see if it shows up. This new system is a bit minimalistic, so all of this is configuring additions. Is anything else left out that should be there?