Re: [OCLUG-Tech] does anyone still use "dump" for backups these days?

On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:37:05 -0500
Tim Forbes <tf [ at ] greenbullfrog [ dot ] com> wrote:

> On the subject of remote media storage, I have always been concerned
> about privacy and have not arrived at a good answer for my personal
> situation. Perhaps a safety deposit box is the right answer, or maybe
> not...

You could encrypt the media and distribute it widely, but keep the
encryption key in a safety deposit box.  That way you don't need
to keep adding stuff to the box when you make new backups.

Of course, if the key is ever compromised... :)

Regards,

Dianne.