Re: [OCLUG-Tech] does anyone still use "dump" for backups these days?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] does anyone still use "dump" for backups these days?
  • From: Rick Leir <rleir [ at ] leirtech [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 14:03:09 -0500
How are dvd's for archiving photos? I have been betting on them. They would not survive a fire, but they are compact so you can send a copy to a relative for safekeeping. I suspect that they would survive flooding. Maybe we will still have dvd drives in ten years! Otherwise we will have to copy the archives onto whatever new media comes up.
Cheers -- Rick