Re: [OCLUG-Tech] can't copy some files

On 16-09-20 08:27 PM, Bruce wrote:

Sample of what I'm trying to copy:

cp /tmp/Herbert\ Von\ Karajan\ -\ 01\ -\ BEETHOVEN\ \:\ Symphony\ No.6\ in\
F\ major\,\ Op.68\ \"Pastoral\"\ -\ 1.\ Allegro\ ma\ non\ troppo.flac
/mnt/usbstick/Music

I thought maybe the title was too long so I also renamed some of the
offending file, but got the some result.  I tried copying them to a different
hard drive and that worked fine.

Micro SD cards use good old FAT 32 file systems. and the list of special characters for those is large. I found I had to get a list of the failures and start sanitising the file names to go the list to copy

 the : character is surely one as it is not part of "X:"

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe