[OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Re: Summary of attempts to make special live USB

Alex has given a lot of pointers in a couple of posts.

I'll go through them and revisit what I did and respond after I've tried
to fix any errors I made.

The exchange is useful as it points out different needs and viewpoints.
With good will, this can benefit all concerned, so I appreciate very
much the time Alex has taken.

And -- previewing my longer response -- I do believe the general
principle of building up is the right one, and hope my experience will
help to provide improved guidance to those who follow.

Best, JN