Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to format a USB drive for windows to get at an ISO image?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to format a USB drive for windows to get at an ISO image?
  • From: ProfJCNash <profjcnash [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 08:57:25 -0500
Is this possibly a change in the NTFS structure that Microsoft doesn't
document? Though Robert suggests the drive works under an older kernel
which would suggest otherwise.

I know I've experienced a corrupted USB disk that was NTFS format. Had
to fire up a very stale Win7 to run the checkdisk and fix. Then I saved
the data and reformatted to ext4.

NTFS seems to be a continuing irritant to Linux.

Cheers, JN