Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to format a USB drive for windows to get at an ISO image?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to format a USB drive for windows to get at an ISO image?
  • From: James <bjlockie [ at ] lockie [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 22:21:14 -0500

On 2016-01-06 05:06 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016, Shawn H Corey wrote:

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:39:20 -0500 (EST)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca> wrote:

   so what's the secret?
Usually, I use `gparted`. It's a graphical disk partitioner and
formatter. Downloadable as a package in most distros.

http://gparted.org/
   apparently, there's something more subtle going on. i'm using a
hand-rolled kernel of my own, using fedora's .config as a starting
point. and that's the one that's failing mysteriously.

   i reboot to the official fedora kernel, and everything is cool. but
i have no idea why. all the appropriate loadable modules are there,
i've configured in support for all MS filesystem types, etc.

   something weird happening here.

rday
What is the error?
So it boots if you put the official kernel on the USB?
Maybe you have something as a module that needs to be compiled in.