Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Odd behaviour in find

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 01:39:56PM -0500, Alex Pilon wrote:
> Is it just me or should this work?
>
>     $ find -xdev -- foo
>     find: unknown predicate `--'
>     $
>
> But not this?
>
>     $ find -- foo -xdev -name 'sadasdasdasd'
>     $

Beg your pardon,

Some context I forgot to mention. Arch Linux doesn't have a pax package
(why isn't it in libarchive or util-linux BTW?), I got tired of using
either cpio or tar all the time, and specifying -H pax or --format pax
and because the flag isn't ignored in input mode, etc. That and tar is
entirely left-hand typed, versus pax being two-handed.

So I wrote a trivial wrapper around libarchive's bsdcpio to do most
things of pax(1p) that I care about, save -H/-L (What's the
difference?), -k, -s, and -u.

    https://github.com/pilona/utils/blob/master/pax

I was about to implement -X, so I wanted to:

    find -xdev -- <list of files and dirs specified in write modeā€¦>

And then find bleeped back at me.

P.S. Of course, it has to be libarchive bsdcpio because I want the following
     keys:

          SCHILY.acl.access, SCHILY.acl.default
          SCHILY.fflags
          SCHILY.realsize