Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Linux help needed again

Mint xfce started resetting video refresh rate to 60Hz on boot, then
later refused to display anything except a screensaver or a command
window. The machine is in Winchester.

I suggested Marlene re-install Mint on her old computer or install it in
a virtual machine on her new Windows system. Barring that, I offered
this guide to fixing the old Mint installation:
https://journalxtra.com/linux/desktop-recovery/the-definitive-guide-to-getting-your-linux-desktop-back/
.

Any better suggestions?

Marlene missed a couple of calls; I wrote that I would phone in the
evening so will try again.

- Paul Hays   Paul [ dot ] Hays [ at ] cattail [ dot ] ca