Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Linux help needed again

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 02:52:35PM -0400, ProfJCNash wrote:
> Looks like the Linux system needs an update/upgrade. Possibly someone
> willing to do this. I'll be home late in week if nothing sorted by then.

@list: Is somebody going to take ownership of this immediately and take
it offline, or should the problem be first described so that the best
person to deal with it can do so?

I'm a bit busy to help right now, but to get the ball rolling…

> > Unfortunately, I continued to have issues, but at least could use my
> > computer, with a certain amount of rebooting.

@Marlene: There are better ways of fixing problems, if that'll even
solve them at all. But before we can even provide any assistance, could
you please give more information?

> > Things have now gotten worse and I can't access at all.

Won't boot? Can't log in? Something else?

> > Two weeks ago, I purchased a newer computer on which I was obliged
> > to install Windows as I was to start a new work project and needed
> > Windows as a prerequisite.

@Marlene: Maybe not (workarounds possible), but is that in scope? Are
you asking for assistance for that at all too, or just want to get a
working Linux installation?

Regards,

Alex Pilon