Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone ever taken training from nobleprog?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone ever taken training from nobleprog?
  • From: "Brenda J. Butler" <bjb [ at ] sourcerer [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:32:51 -0400
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 06:19:28AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Sun, 10 May 2015, David Manouchehri wrote:
> > That company is charging around ~$400/hr. I'm guessing their
> > business model is to mostly do nothing, and then hope they find the
> > occasional non-technical client who doesn't know any better. They
> > hire contract teachers for their courses, so I'm guessing they pay
> > them around ~$50/hr and pocket >$300/hr. Seems rather predatory to
> > me, I would avoid even mentioning their URL or company name.
>
>   i would agree. but i can't imagine even a *non*-technical client not
> understanding the proper pricing of technical training. anyone who's
> even moderately good at business already knows the appropriate range
> of prices for training courses, and over $3000 for a single day of
> intro instruction should have *anyone* saying, "whaaaaaa?"

My impression was that they would happily give a course for only 1
or 2 people (ie, no cancellations due to "lack of students").  They
also have a few hints on the page about being ready to negotiate
the price if you are going to put several students in one class.

I don't know what the normal "course load" is in terms of students,
but the pricing seems to be aimed at making the same amount of money
per class session as normal "corporate training" but with fewer
students.

This is just my impression from looking at their site, I never heard of
them before either.

bjb