[OCLUG-Tech] FREE local (Ottawa) Linux/embedded/driver/Yocto Project tutorials. Seriously.

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] FREE local (Ottawa) Linux/embedded/driver/Yocto Project tutorials. Seriously.
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
[Warning: Some marketing ahead, but the "free" part still holds.]

  Hi, folks, Rob Day here. As many of you probably know, I make a
living teaching technical Linux courses -- intro, admin, kernel
programming, embedded Linux, device drivers and, my latest obsession,
building embedded systems with OpenEmbedded/Yocto Project.

  During the inevitably slow training time that happens late every
summer, I've been writing/updating material and, for the sake of
marketing my training locally, I thought I would simply offer free 1-2
hour technical tutorials to any local company who's interested.

  Now, by "tutorial", I don't mean purely marketing fluff. I mean
actual, introductory technical instruction on any of the above (or
related) topics that I can squeeze into a couple hours so that
attendees could leave thinking, "Hey, I actually learned some neat
stuff!"

  Possibilities that come to mind might be tutorials like:

  * Getting started with kernel programming
  * Writing and loading your first kernel module
  * Building your first image with Yocto Project

You get the idea. There's no catch. Of *course*, the whole point of
this is to meet potential future clients who might want an entire
multi-day course, but the tutorials would be entirely free of charge
-- just my way of getting to meet new people.

  If you're interested, get ahold of me, or pass this on to anyone
else at a local (Ottawa-area) company you think might be interested.

  Thoughts?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca