Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Choosing a 64-bit Linux distro for my laptop

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Choosing a 64-bit Linux distro for my laptop
  • From: Howard Krakower <hk [ at ] zed [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 05:56:16 -0400
I have found that getting the Broadcom wireless to work has always
been an issue, and requires installing special files. The distro I use
is OpenSUSE, which I find works with older Dell laptops. In the last
oldie I set up, I swapped out the Broadcom NIC for an Intel one (they
can be found on Ebay for about $10).

Howard