Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT] looking for someone who can machine aluminum blocks

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT] looking for someone who can machine aluminum blocks
  • From: Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] net>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:27:31 -0400
On 14/04/23, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   given the possible "maker" community in the area, i figure i might
> as well ask here -- i'm looking for someone local who can do some
> simple machining of aluminum blocks to build a spherical ice cube
> maker. here's a sample set of instructions online:
>
> http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-an-ice-ball-maker/
>
>   really pretty straightforward -- two sizable aluminum blocks,
> machine two half-spheres into them, then install a couple vertical
> guides to let one block slowly, driven by it own weight, flatten a
> chunk of ice into a perfectly spherical ball. here's a video showing
> the principle in action (using copper instead of aluminum):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuSeKS9sbZg
>
>   anyway, you get the idea. anyone here have any suggestions for
> machine shops in town that can do this kind of thing? thanks.

This guy can most likely help you:
	http://www.johnsonweldingworks.com/

I'm heading in there today to get a part of one of my recumbent bikes fixed.

> rday

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!