Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Looking for DNS ...

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 05:29:06PM -0400, David Patte ₯ wrote:
> so in that case I handle the DNS changes manually by updating my DNS
> records at bluehost which seems to propogate very quickly.

What did you set the TTL to? The TTLs for NS records I've seen were
usually a day.

It's not just a matter of IP address change, but also of, if running a
mail server, that you might be in one of those large blocklists that
include subscribers on dynamic ranges. Worse, there's a few lesser
providers out there, like att.com and bbox.fr that'll still filter you,
despite being on a statically provisioned range and not on some of the
major blocklists.

Regards,

Alex Pilon