Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Looking for DNS ...

I run several websites on a linux server in my house, and I am on Rogers Cable. I am using the DNS on Bluehost.

It is true that Rogers, like Bell, doesn't offer static IPs, but in the case of Rogers, they only change my home IP about every 6 months or so, so in that case I handle the DNS changes manually by updating my DNS records at bluehost which seems to propogate very quickly. I'm not sure how often Bell updates the IPs of their home customers.

On 2014-04-24 16:59, Bruce Keats wrote:
Hi,
I have a couple of domains that I host on my server with Teksavvy as my ISP. I use dyndns.com for DNS, but I was going to try and move away from dyndns. I setup a DNS on my server, but discovered that Teksavvy blocks inbound UDP on port 53. Teksavvy's answer is that you can buy a static IP. Static IPs are not offered on cable. DSL in my neighbourhood is terrible. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Bruce