Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is There any filter to turn Adobe 10 Documents into standard PDF.

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is There any filter to turn Adobe 10 Documents into standard PDF.
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 20:06:10 -0500
On 14-02-27 07:47 PM, Alex Pilon wrote:

Is it some non-standard Adobe feature, or is it some standard PDF
feature not supported by whatever program you use?

I am not sure, although when I made my displeasure known, the guy says he has used the "unbreakable 256 bit encryption" so that people will not sell his files on e-bay. I am not sure how that itself would help his goal, as an ebay seller could still sell the file and just say it needs Adobe X when I does not work on a PDF viewer. (that of course will discredit the reseller) Perhaps he is serial numberings them in some way.

I don't know if he has set the "don't Print" bit on them. (I seldom actually need print a page, the fellow scans old camera manuals which you sometimes need to run old cameras. He has been asking for a 3 dollars per manual.)

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe