[OCLUG-Tech] March Meeting: Thursday, March 5, 2014

Location: Shopify Headquarters in the market (126 York St.) @ 7:00pm

This month we have Ian Gorman and Robert P. J. Day speaking.

Ian will be giving a short talk on using OpenOffice and R for slide generation for tale and Robert will be giving a talk on his experiences with systemd.

After the presentations, there will be two BOFs. John Nash will lead a BOF on UEFI installations and Scott Murphy will be available to coordinate a brief GPG key signing. Details on what to bring are on the website.

We are also interested in speakers for future meetings. If anyone wants to get up and cover a favourite project, solution, etc. feel free to contact the board with an outline.

For anyone who wants a few questions answered or is new to Linux, we have a pre-meeting session from 6:00 to 7:00.

IMPORTANT:

The April meeting will be the Annual General Meeting and Election of officers. We are looking for people to join the board, so if you are interested, please contact Richard (RGB). We require at least 20 people to attend the meeting so we can meet the requirements to hold the AGM. You will be asked to sign a attendence sheet to meet our bylaw requirements. If you can’t make the AGM, you can register a proxy, so please do so we get our 20 people recorded. An email to a current board member stating your intent to have that person hold your proxy will be sufficient.