[OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there interested in testing for RHCSA/RHCE certs?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there interested in testing for RHCSA/RHCE certs?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 04:58:07 -0500 (EST)
  since it looks like i'll be teaching more of my own red hat admin
content starting in the new year (particularly when RHEL 7 comes out),
i figure it would probably be appropriate to renew my RHCSA and RHCE
certifications. i was an RHCE (red hat certified engineer) a number of
years ago but that has long since lapsed and i think it's time to
retake the test(s) given the impending arrival of RHEL 7.

  (DISCLAIMER: i have no special relationship with red hat in terms of
taking these tests -- i have to study and pay for them just like
anyone else, so this doesn't constitute marketing of any kind for
their certification program.)

  in any event, my plan is to spend a fair bit of time over the
holidays digging deeply into fedora 19 which will be the basis for the
upcoming RHEL 7:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux#RHEL_7

and i was wondering if anyone else around here was thinking of doing
the same thing -- we could put together a study group and get
together on occasion to hash out confusing issues and so on, perhaps
create a local mailing list specifically for preparing for these
tests, and so on.

  i particularly want to wait for the release of RHEL 7 so i can take
the cert tests for that release, but i have no idea about the
timetable, i'm looking into that.

  anyway, anyone out there interested? thinking of getting
RH certified?

rday

p.s. at the very least, i want to renew my RHCSA and RHCE certs, but
red hat has a number of more advanced certifications as well that i
might try for depending on how ambitious i get:

http://www.redhat.com/training/certifications/#certifications

i might go for the certified virtualization administrator (RHCVA) some
day once i figure all that out.

                        http://crashcourse.ca