Re: [OCLUG-Tech] safety level of upgrading ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] safety level of upgrading ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04?
  • From: "Jean-Francois Messier" <jf [ at ] messier [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 05:39:47 -0700
The next thing to do, (and I *always* do this before doing anything else
with a new distro,) is to test it in Live mode. Boot from the USB key or
a CD (if you still burn those things). Can you access all your hardare
devices, networking, and what not ? If so, there is a better chance it
will work after an upgrade to a new version. If not, no harm has been
done, and you can get back to business in a matter of minutes.

JF
---
Le code source libre c'est l'ouverture de l'esprit.
Open Source is open minded.