Re: [OCLUG-Tech] what's the state of the art for linux (openwrt?) based wireless routers?

On Mon, 5 Aug 2013, Mike Hopper wrote:

And ya...I felt kind of dirty suggesting a BSD based solution on here!

Heh. I think Linux users are among the smartest to understand that using the best tool for a job makes sense. Linux is... in many cases, but not all.

I've been investigating virtualizing BSD/pfSense as a network front end for my Linux server. Because, it reportedly does an excellent job running MLPPP (which I need to use because I can't get a fast netpipe to my house) and which Linux still handles very poorly.

Anyone else on this list running pfSense under KVM on Linux?

Brett