[OCLUG-Tech] scanning - follow up

Some of you know I have been looking into various solutions for different scanning tasks. Note that workflow is an important consideration, but I'd like to find economical solutions to share with others. This is still ongoing work, and I am hoping to try out a higher definition webcam than I already have.

Does anyone have an HD webcam with autofocus they could bring to next OCLUG? I'll bring a tripod and laptop and can test then. I'm sort of thinking of IPEVO Ziggi (http://www.ipevo.com/prods/IPEVO-Ziggi-HD-USB-Document-Camera). Probably too new for anyone to have tried.

My experience to date is captured in a wiki:

http://macnash.telfer.uottawa.ca/scanwork/doku.php

I'll be happy to create a login for anyone wanting to add to this.

Best, JN