Re: [OCLUG-Tech] detecting subversion not connected

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] detecting subversion not connected
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi John,
I tried a couple of commands with svn and they all seemed to return 0, including trying to "svn add" a non-existent file.
So it looks like the normal shell script technique of checking $? as the next step after a command won't work.

Subversion has API's for several  languages.
Perl and Python are both listed.

There are some examples in the redbean book.
- http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn-book.html

Good luck, and I hope this helps.
Rob

--