[OCLUG-Tech] detecting subversion not connected

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] detecting subversion not connected
  • From: "Prof J C Nash (U30A)" <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:13:53 -0400
Hi,

I've a small script to allow me to update a sort of diary log. The process is, in summary form,

   svn update
   gedit myfile
   svn -m "put it back" commit

I'd like to detect a failure to connect on the update and/or commit stages so that I can do something that lets me locally save changes to update later. Somehow I think this should be fairly common, but my search so far had not been fruitful.

Best, JN