Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Apache2/php/suexec issues

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Apache2/php/suexec issues
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 09:53:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David,
I used to use Apache a lot, but not for a couple of years, so they may have added features since then, but this is true as of Apache 2.2.

You can't have different mods in different virtual hosts on the same instance of Apache. That's because "Apache" loads the mods, and the set of mods that are loaded are available to all of the virtual hosts.

You can run two instances of Apache on the same server. You would have to run the two instances of Apache on different IP addresses or different ports, each with their own config files.

You can also run two instances in two Virtual Machines, but you would still need two IP addresses or two sets of ports.

Sorry, I can't help you with the difference between fastcgi and fast-cgid.

Hope this helps,
Rob

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.