Re: [OCLUG-Tech] more emphasis on online tutorials as opposed to meetings?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] more emphasis on online tutorials as opposed to meetings?
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 15:47:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi Greg,
I agree that if I know what people are doing, it is way easier to ask them to present on it.

However, I don't see how any particular convener, such as myself, can find out what even 10% of the (?how may? 500? more?) people on the OCLUG mail list are doing. Many of them (more than 1/3 is my guess) would come to a meeting to present if asked, especially for a lightning talk.

If you have suggestions in this area, I am very interested.
For instance, if you are hooked up with even 10 people, I would be interested in what technology they are working with.

For all the other people on this list who are looking at this and feel creeped out that I am proposing spying on people:
- you too can let me know what your buddies are doing!
- Just don't tell me who is doing it, OK?
- let me know the list of topics you have
- you can check with them in advance of telling me

Thanks,
Rob