Re: [OCLUG-Tech] BIOS issue on EEE 1005HA

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Prof J C Nash (U30A)
<nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca> wrote:
> Thanks. Should have thought of that, since I've done it on desktops. I've
> never had to do it for a laptop, and thought they used the main battery for
> keeping clock. My bad.
>
> Unfortunately, search on web for "how to", shows are really unpleasant
> procedure. Practically have to recast the case to change the battery, and on
> this model, seems to be a common problem once I found the right search
> terms. Nevertheless, will give it a go.
>
> Cheers, JN

I actually have the same model next to me, but have not needed to make
the change yet.  I quick google show the following[1], seems to be
straightforward enough.

I'm sure a local computer shop would be able to help out too.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0gpFMF5R0c

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul [ dot ] belanger [ at ] polybeacon [ dot ] com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)