Re: [OCLUG-Tech] more emphasis on online tutorials as opposed to meetings?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] more emphasis on online tutorials as opposed to meetings?
  • From: Greg <sphex [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:45:31 +0000
All this would suggest that the convenor, instead of asking for random
volunteers, should be aware of what people are doing and/or documenting,
and ask directly individuals to speak and to discuss.  It would work
around the perception common of many doers that nobody else would be
interested in what they do.  Also the process would be come more
friendly to people who can only suggest topics for other people to
present.  Finally, informal clouds of people who do things and people
who read things and people who participate in other ways could submit
suggestions feeling they are submitting suggestions not impositions.

Greg