Re: [OCLUG-Tech] help switching over to Linux

On 5 August 2012 09:04, John C Nash <nashjc [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> Does anyone have good suggestions for spell check for LibreOffice? I know there are spell
> checkers that work with it. Because I write stuff with multiple languages (including
> "stats"), I find spell check a nuisance, so am not in a position to answer.
>
> Dale's experience is one we want to duplicate with others -- a core OCLUG objective.
>
> Best, JN

I haven't tested this (it depends on the distribution) but libreoffice
should take advantage of any language libraries installed.  Either
hunspell or myspell should work.  You may want some grammer and
thesaurus libraries too.  e.g.

sudo apt-get install myspell-en hyphen-en mythes-en

Just replace the language code with what you want.  You can install
multiple languages.  Search "myspell" here and see the complete list:
http://community.linuxmint.com/software/search

- Justin