Re: [OCLUG-Tech] help switching over to Linux

I generally agree, but Dale is now (thanks to Ian Gorman in particular) up and running
dual boot with Mint Mate. I think Ian will give a lightning talk on this at Aug 9 OCLUG meet.

My experience is that liveCD and liveUSB are great for what they are, but a bit of a
nuisance if one wants a stable platform for regular activities. And the liveCDs in
particular, even on a pretty fast machine (3 GHz, 6 core, 16G RAM), are a good deal slower
to get all "booted", at least in my experience.

JN