Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Virtual Presence Meetings using Open Source technology

On 23-Mar-12 3:47 PM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 22/03/12 Jeffrey Taylor said:

Personally, this has limited appeal. I would want to attend meetings to
I have no problem with virtual meetings, but I think more useful would be
simply recording the meeting talks and making them available for those would
could not be present at the time.

I really must get out to more meetings...
As a busy dad with a rural commute, I would say that televising the meeting would encourage me to tune in once in a while (if the night's agenda were of particular interest). Otherwise, staying in town to indulge and miss seeing my kids at the end of the day just doesn't wash. Watching a pre-recorded session... meh.... you miss the interaction, even if it's via broadband.