Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG AGM - discussing change

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 03:23:48PM -0400, Bill Strosberg wrote:
> I know it flies in the face of environmental sensitivity, but
> centrally close to the Queensway with free parking means a lot to
> people living outside the Greenbelt.

Another factor to consider is a question of demographics of
participants.  If we are looking at a seniors' club, then parking is
going to be more important and perhaps not too late.  If we are looking
at a students' club, then centrallity and transit are going to be
important since fewer youth are placing the value in owning motor
vehicles in the last 5-10 years than the 50 before that, which is partly
due to the disruptive technologies we meet to discuss.

Perhaps I am nostalgic for societies that value intergenerational
collaboration, but I think it makes sense to make an effort to
accomodate both in this particular area of interest.

Does it make sense to restrict ourselves to Linux specific topics, or
open source software (and perhaps hardware?) in general?

> I was once involved with the Board, and could be persuaded once again
> if the survival of the group demanded help.  There is too much value
> in a community to let it die without objection.

I would so too be willing.

> Bill

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!