[OCLUG-Tech] Two graphics adapters and two monitors?

I recently bought a new desktop and chose to put in an extra graphics adapter so I could
connect two VGA devices (the MB has 3 adapters, and can use VGA + either HDMI or DVI, but
I have two older LCD monitors with only VGA).

Playing with the BIOS, I've got the splash screen on both monitors, but when Ubuntu comes
up, just one is active. There's a fair bit of material on forums about the issue, much of
it quite old. Talking with Rob Day this morning, we figured it would be a good thing to
work out, update the docs, and then write up into a short presentation that could be used
at an OCLUG meeting. However, this is far from my main work zone. Is anyone interested in
giving it a try with me?

Best, JN