[OCLUG-Tech] Throwing a Linux Event for Students, would you like to attend?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Throwing a Linux Event for Students, would you like to attend?
  • From: Carson Wilcox <community [ at ] cssa-aei [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:45:44 -0500
Hello,

My name is Carson Wilcox and I am the VP Community for the Computer Science
Student Association at the University of Ottawa. I am going to be running an
event called *Back to School with Linux* on the *30th of September, 2011. *The
event will be held in the SITE/EECS building (*800 King Edward drive room J
0109*) at *16:00h-19:00h*. The aim of the event is to allow students to get
Linux installed on their computers. We will be supporting Ubuntu, Fedora and
OpenSUSE as they are the most popular personal operating systems (and some
of the easiest to install), but we will also provide limited support for any
other flavour of Linux that is brought to the event.

I was hoping that your group might be interested enough to send a
representative or two to talk about what you do in Ottawa and join in the
installation fun!

Please let me know what level of participation (if any) you can provide.

--
Carson Wilcox
VP Affaires communautaires / VP Community Affairs

P.S. Attached is the poster for the event (suggestions and critique
welcome).