Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] dumb question. how to I tell a USB1 from a USB 2 port.
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:32:37 -0400
On 11-09-12 11:11 PM, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:

Plug your device in and do something like "lsusb" or "lshw" to figure
out into which bus your device was plugged.

Ok, that shows me the four "regular" ports and the one 2.0 post, each on its own USB bus. When I plug a device in it appears on one of the 5 buses.

Now I have to get move the computer to get at the ports on the back, as the two on the front both seem to be on regular ports! at least the mouse, which is the only thing plugged into USB back there is on a regualr port.

(my keyboard and printer both are "legacy devices" on a PS2 port with an adaptor to fit my Nothgate Keyboard, and a centronics port respectivly

THANKS RGB, I really appreciate the assistance you have provided me.

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe