[OCLUG-Tech] strange interaction of wireless

I'm at a scientific workshop in Santa Barbara.

One of the scientists had to get his machine replaced a couple of weeks ago. Quad
processor Dell Latitude E6410 running Ubuntu 11.04.

While at the hotel, he could run some fairly fancy statistical models that compile C++
(the tool is called AD Model Builder). But at the scientific institution (NCEAS), things
crashed. He spent a lot of time trying to fix things until I suggested turning off
wireless (not just disconnect).

Has anyone seen any such strange happening.\? We suspect possible h/w issue or maybe a
driver bug.

Cheers, JN